Hornery Water & Transport
It’s our purpose to deliver an outstanding service with a guarantee of work performed to the highest level with uncompromised safety by passionate people. This utmost care and technicality reflects through to the Hornery Fleet of trucks which are maintained at the highest standards, cleaned, serviced and pre-started before any vehicle leaves our premises.
Our Point of Difference
- All vehicles are cleaned through our high pressure wash down bay every day regardless of hours or condition. This prevents weed and seed contamination, maintains our fleet compliant and allows our fitters to thoroughly inspect the mechanics on our vehicles.
- Our fitters perform a compulsory prestart and inspection of each truck after the end of every shift and our drivers complete their prestart checklist before leaving the premises each morning. This ensures our fleet is cross checked and we can be confident of knowing we have the safest fleet on the road.
- Our fleet sustains an elite level of compliance as all our vehicles brakes are tested using the computerized BM14200 In ground Roller Brake Tester and Shaker Plates installed in our state of the art workshop. The Brake Tester is the safest and most accurate measure available. The shaker plate on inspection from within the pit, allows the mechanics to have access to identify excess wear and tear in all moving parts. The brake tester generates a report on each vehicles individual axle, braking ability and weights.
Water and Transport Services
- Potable Water and Delivery
- Raw Water and Delivery
- Regulated Waste Service
- Servicing over 60 companies in our region
- 24/7 Workshop
- In Ground Roller Brake Tester and Shaker Plates
- Tyre Change Bay
- Pitless Drilling Tubs Hire
- Wash Down Facility
- Venue Hire for Demonstration Days, Weddings & Corporate Dinners
- Boardroom Hire
- Over 30 Mine Compliant Water Trucks
- 18,000L Twin Steers
- Daily Serviced Trucks
- Body Trucks
- Semi Tankers
- B Doubles
- Auto Greasers on all trucks
- Roller Brake Tested
- All Drivers hold current CBM
- Site Inducted Trucks and Drivers
Operations / General Manager
With a rural background and an array of life experiences Derran’s spent a number of years in the underground mining industry before creating the water business in 2003. Derran has gained an array of qualifications, technical skills and expertise in managing a fleet of heavy vehicles, operating plant and equipment and truck driving. Hard work, genuine commitment and a steadfast refusal to give in to defeat has kept him truly focused on his work. Derran’s ambition inspires him to continue education and business development. At whatever level, it enables The Hornery Group and its staff to keep up with modern practices and innovative processes. Derran’s interest includes Aviation and Helicopters and is a certified helicopter pilot.
Hornery Trading Group are committed to adopting a proactive approach and continually improving our safety awareness and education for all workers. We ensure our safety standards, policies and procedures are documented and we operate our business within all the relevant regulatory requirements. Hornery Trading Group employs a competent Workplace Health and Safety Officer who oversees all aspects of our Safe Management Systems within the company.
Our First Aid/CPR Officer is onsite every day. We’ve also employed a qualified Drug and Alcohol Technician who regularly conducts testing and random checks to all staff.
Our onsite LTI is zero
We are proud to announce that as of early 2016 we will be accredited under the following international standards;
- ISO 9001:2008 QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- AS/NZS 4801:2001 OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- ISO 14001:2004 ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
ENVIRONMENTAL AUTHORITY (REGULATED WASTE CERTIFIED) EPSX00694613
FOOD LICENSE CERTIFICATE (POTABLE WATER) MBH/FB/93